Turbo-FloTM PVC probes offer the precision of turbine technology with rugged construction. The practical design of the probe includes a bluff bar which protects the turbine from foreign materials in the stream as well as from over insertion. Installation is simple and does not require special fittings. The Turbo-Flo™ probe may be installed in standard pipe tees, through pipe saddles, welding spuds and 1 1/2” full opening ball or gate valves.
- PVC non-metallic construction is ideal for installation in PVC or other non-metallic piping.
- PVC connector fittings.
- Excellent chemical resistance.
- Adjustable insertion length for 1 1 ⁄2 to 10 inch pipe.
- Rugged construction for industrial environments.
- No external power required.
- Wide measuring range with 30:1 turndown.
- Low mass turbines offer improved sensitivity and long life.
- Use standard pipe fittings for installation.
The turbine is positioned in the mid-section of the pipe with its axis of rotation parallel with the flow stream. Fluid velocity causes the turbine, which has a ring magnet inside of its hub, to rotate in proportion to flow rate. As the turbine rotates, the magnetic field passes through a coil in the probe body, generating a pulse output in proportion to the turbine rotation speed. Flow volume is then determined from fluid velocity measurement and pipe diameter information.
Insertion Length: 02 = 2 inches 06 = 6 inches 12 = 12 inches
Threshold: 0.5 ft/s or 1.22 x ID2 = GPM Liquid
Velocity: ft/s = 0.408 x GPM/pipe ID2
Point Velocity = 2.625 pulses/ft/s
Pulse/gallon correction for uncharted pipe diameters =
ID2 charted pipe Pulse/gallon ID2 uncharted pipe x charted pipe
Materials of Construction:
O-rings: Buna-n or Viton®
Temperature Limits: 140°F(60°C)
Pressure Limits: 145 psig(10bar)@ 75°F(24°C)
ERDCO reserves the right to alter design and/or specifications without notice. Viton® and Delrin® are registered trademarks of E.I. Dupont de Nemours and Co.