Turbo-FloTM probes offer the precision of turbine technology with rugged construction. The practical design of the probe includes a bluff bar which protects the turbine from foreign materials in the stream as well as from over insertion. Installation is simple and does not require special fittings. The Turbo-FlTM probe may be installed in standard pipe tees, through pipe saddles, welding spuds and 1 1/2” full opening ball or gate valves.
- 303/304 stainless steel housing construction.
- Probe lengths from 6 to 54 inches for use in pipe sizes as large as 72 inches in diameter.
- Maximum operating pressure of 400 psig.
- Adjustable insertion length for your pipe size.
- Rugged construction for industrial environments.
- No external power required.
- Wide measuring range with 30:1 turndown.
- Low mass Delrin® turbines offer improved sensitivity and long life.
- Use standard pipe fittings for installation.
The turbine is positioned in the mid-section of the pipe with its axis of rotation parallel with the flow stream. Fluid velocity causes the turbine, which has a ring magnet inside of its hub, to rotate in proportion to flow rate. As the turbine rotates, the magnetic field passes through a coil in the probe body, generating a pulse output in proportion to the turbine rotation speed. Flow volume is then determined from fluid velocity measurement and pipe diameter information.
06 = 6 inches
08 = 8 inches
12 = 12 inches
18 = 18 inches
24 = 24 inches
38 = 38 inches
54 = 54 inches
0.5 ft/s or
1.22 x ID2 = GPM
Point Velocity = 2.625 pulses/ft/s
Pulse/gallon correction for uncharted pipe diameters =
ID2 charted pipe; ID2 uncharted pipe X Pulse/gallon charted pipe
Materials of Construction:
Probe: 304 stainless steel
Connector: Steel or 303sst
Turbine: Delrin® Polypropylene
O-rings: Buna-n or Viton®
Temperature Limits: 225°F(107°C)
Pressure Limits: 400 psig (27.6 barg)
ERDCO reserves the right to alter design and/or specifications without notice. Viton® and Delrin® are registered trademarks of E.I. Dupont de Nemours and Co.