Armor-FloTM meters with integral transmitters provide an ideal combination – a local mechanical flow rate indicator independent of electrical supply with a 4-20 mA two wire loop powered signal output. The output signal is linear within the middle 80% of the range. A response curve is furnished with each flowmeter. Simple design, rugged construction and good value make this the ideal utility fluid flowmeter.
- Instantaneous local flow rate measurement.
- Local flow rate indication requires no power.
- Flow proportional signal output.
- Broad range of materials available.
- Use in horizontal or vertical piping systems.
- Individually calibrated for fluid and operating conditions.
- User selectable 10:1 turndown flow ranges. (“See Meter Rangeability Sizing Tables”)
- User selectable units of measure-including dual units of measure.
- No floats to get stuck, tubes to break or dynamic seals to leak.
- Low pressure loss.
- Simple design with few parts for long service life.
body housing has a variable internal volume which enlarges from the inlet to the outlet. The primary sensor is a tempered alloy vane with one end affixed to the apex of the meter housing. As the flow rate changes, the vane is flexed in direct proportion. A Teflon®
encapsulated magnet links the vane position with the
pointer in the indicator housing and the signal output/switch circuit. All adjustments and electrical connections are accessible from the front of the meter housing.
The 1⁄2″, 3⁄4″ and 1″ connections typically have female threaded ends. Sizes 1 1⁄4″ through 12″ utilize an integral bypass housing permitting larger connection sizes in the format of a spool
with a consistant 12″ end to end dimension. In addition, it permits a wide variety of connection types which include threaded, flanged, grooved-ends and tri-clamp.
±2% full scale
Repeatability: ±1% full scale
Scales: Direct reading
Resolution: Maximum-30 division/Minimum-15 divisions
Rangeability: 10 to 1 turndown
Transmitter: Accuracy: ± 2% full scale Repeatability: ± 0.5% full scale Permissible load: Rmax= 750 Ω Temperature limits: 0-85°C (32-185°F) Environmental: NEMA 4/NEMA 4x
Materials of Construction:
Housing: Aluminum, brass, 316 stainless steel
Shunt: As housing or carbon steel
Window: Tempered glass or polycarbonate
Vane: Cobalt/chromium/nickel alloy with Teflon® encapsulated magnet
“O” rings: Buna-n, ethylene propylene, Viton® or perfluoroelastomer
- 1/2” to 1″ NPT Female
- 1 1/4” to 4″ NPT male
- 1 1/2” to 3″ Tri-clamp
- 1 1/4” to 6″Grooved
- 1 1/4” to 6″ Beveled
- 1/2” to 8″ 150# /300# RF/FF ANSI Flanges (carbon stl)
- 1/2” to 8″ 150# RF ANSI Flanges (stainless stl)
- 1/2” to 6″ 150# RF ANSI Flanges (aluminum)
- 1/2” to 6″ 150# FF ANSI Flanges (brass)
- 15 to 25 mm DIN 2999/BS21/ISO R7 Female threaded
- 15 to 150 mm DIN PN 10 Flanges (316 stainless stl & carbon stl)
- 1 Housing (aluminum) 0, 1 or 5 Shunt-200 psig (13.8 bar)
- 2 Housing (brass)
- 0 Shunt-400 psig (27.6 bar)
- 2 or 5 Shunt-200 psig (13.8 bar)
- 6 Housing (316 stainless stl)
- 0 Shunt-400 psig (27.6 bar)
- 5 or 6 Shunt-200 psig (13.8 bar)
- 7 or 8 Shunt-400 psig (27.6 bar)
- 8 Housing (high pressure 316 stainless stl) 0 Shunt-1000 psig (69 bar)
Temperature Limits: 0 to 85°C (32 to 185°F)