Armor-FloTM meters provide even more effective process control input with switching capabilities. Simple electromechanical switches define your process limits. Adjustable switches provide positive indication of flow/no flow conditions and may be positioned to actuate at specific flow rates. The design of the switch is to capture the indicator, preventing movement until the flow rate is once again within the acceptable range. The switches are SPDT glass encapsulated reed type rated at 0.25 amperes at 120V ac (1.5 amperes at 24V dc). This switch is appropriate for use in Class 1, Division 2 areas.
- Instantaneous flow rate measurement.
- Adjustable low and/or high flow limit switches.
- Use in horizontal or vertical piping systems.
- Individually calibrated for fluid and operating conditions.
- User selectable 10:1 turndown flow ranges.
- User selectable units of measure.
- No floats to get stuck, tubes to break or dynamic seals to leak.
- Low pressure loss.
meters are variable area flow-rate meters. The ArmorFloTM
body housing has a variable internal volume which enlarges from the inlet to the outlet.
The primary sensor is a tempered alloy vane with one end affixed to the apex of the meter housing. As the flow rate changes, the vane is flexed in direct proportion. A Teflon® encapsulated magnet links the vane position with the pointer in the indicator housing for easy viewing. Switch set points may be adjusted by repositioning them along the slotted rail within the indicator housing. The 1/2“, 3/4” and 1″ connections typically have female threaded ends. Sizes 1 1/4” through 12″ utilize an integral bypass housing permitting larger connection sizes in the format of a spool with a consistent 12″ end to end dimension.
In addition, it permits a wide variety of connection types which include threaded, flanged, grooved ends and tri-clamp.
±2% full scale
Repeatability: ±1% full scale
Scales: Direct reading
Resolution: Maximum-30 division/Minimum-15 divisions
Rangeability: 10 to 1 turndown
Hermetically sealed reed switch Contact rating: 0.25A @ 120 Vac 1.5A @ 24V dc
Adjustment limits: 20-50% full scale-low limit 50-90% full scale-high limit 30% differential between low and high
Dead Band: 7% full scale
Materials of Construction:
Housing: Aluminum, brass, 70/30 copper/nickel, 316 stainless steel
Shunt: As housing or carbon steel
Window: Tempered glass or polycarbonate
Vane: Cobalt/chromium/nickel alloy with Teflon ® encapsulated magnet
“O” rings: buna-n, ethylene propylene, Viton® or perfluoroelastomer
- 1/2” to 1″ NPT female
- 1 1/4” to 4″ NPT male
- 1 1/2” to 3″ Tri-clamp
- 1 1/4” to 6″ Grooved
- 1 1/4” to 6″ Beveled
- 1/2” to 8″ 150# /300# RF/FF ANSI Flanges (carbon stl)
- 1/2” to 8″ 150# RF ANSI Flanges (stainless stl)
- 1/2” to 6″ 150# RF ANSI Flanges (aluminum)
- 1/2” to 6″ 150# FF ANSI Flanges (brass)
- 15 to 25 mm DIN 2999/BS21/ISO R7 Female threaded
- 15 to 150 mm DIN PN 10 Flanges (316 stainless stl & carbon stl)
- 1 Housing (aluminum) 0, 1 or 5 Shunt-200 psig (13.8 bar)
- 2 Housing (brass) 0 Shunt-400 psig (27.6 bar) 2 or 5 Shunt-200 psig (13.8 bar)
- 6 Housing (316 stainless stl) 0 Shunt-400 psig (27.6 bar) 5 or 6 Shunt-200 psig (13.8 bar)
- 7 or 8 Shunt-400 psig (27.6 bar)
- 8 Housing (high pressure 316 stainless stl) 0 Shunt-1000 psig (69 bar)
- -23 to 121°C (-10 to 250°F) with buna-n o-ring
- -23 to 204°C (-10 to 400°F) with Viton®, Kalrez® or ethylene propylene o-ring