Measure liquid, gas or steam flow rates in horizontal or vertical pipelines. Armor-FloTM meters handle fluids that cannot be measured with the See-Flo® due to clarity, pressure or compatibility with wetted materials. The wedge shape of the meter body housing provides the Armor-FloTM with the same self-cleaning characteristics as the See-Flo®. Teflon® encapsulated cobalt magnets are used to couple the flow isolated indicator with the vane. These features emphasize simplicity and reduce maintenance.
- Instantaneous rate measurement.
- Measure opaque fluids.
- More exotic materials of construction.
- Use in horizontal or vertical piping systems.
- Individually calibrated for fluid and operating conditions.
- User selectable 10:1 turndown flow ranges. (See “Meter Rangeability Sizing Tables”)
- User selectable units of measure-including dual units of measure.
- No floats to get stuck, tubes to break or dynamic seals to leak.
- Low pressure loss.
- Simple design with few parts for long service life.
meters are variable area flow rate meters (“rotameter”). The Armor-FloTM
body housing has a variable internal volume which enlarges from the inlet to the outlet.
The primary sensor is a tempered alloy vane with one end affixed to the apex of the meter housing. As the flow rate changes, the vane is flexed in direct proportion. A Teflon® encapsulated magnet links the vane with the pointer in a large indicator housing for easy viewing. The 1/2“, 3/4” and 1″ connections typically have female threaded ends. Sizes 1 1/4” through 12″ utilize an integral bypass housing permitting larger connection sizes in the format of a spool with a consistent 12″ end to end dimension.
In addition, it permits a wide variety of connection types which include threaded, flanged, grooved ends and tri-clamp.
±2% full scale
Repeatability: ±1% full scale
Scales: Direct reading
Resolution: Maximum-30 division/Minimum-15 divisions
Rangeability: 10 to 1 turndown
Materials of Construction:
- Housing: Aluminum,brass, 70/30 copper/nickel, 316 stainless steel
- Shunt: As housing or carbon steel
- Window: Tempered glass or polycarbonate
- Vane: Cobalt/chromium/nickel alloy with Teflon ® encapsulated magnet
- “O” rings: buna-n, ethylene propylene, Viton® or perfluoroelastomer
- 1/2” to 1″ NPT Female
- 1 1/4” to 4″ NPT male
- 1 1/2” to 3″ Tri-clamp
- 1 1/4” to 6″ Grooved
- 1 1/4” to 6″ Beveled
- 1/2” to 8″ 150# /300# RF/FF ANSI Flanges (carbon stl)
- 1/2” to 8″ 150# RF ANSI Flanges (stainless stl)
- 1/2” to 6″ 150# RF ANSI Flanges (aluminum)
- 1/2” to 6″ 150# FF ANSI Flanges (brass)
- 15 to 25 mm DIN 2999/BS21/ISO R7 Female threaded
- 15 to 150 mm DIN PN 10 Flanges (316 stainless stl & carbon stl)
- 1 Housing (aluminum)
- 0, 1 or 5 Shunt-200 psig (13.8 bar)
- 2 Housing (brass)
- 0 Shunt-400 psig (27.6 bar)
- 2 or 5 Shunt-200 psig (13.8 bar)
- 6 Housing (316 stainless stl)
- 0 Shunt-400 psig (27.6 bar)
- 5 or 6 Shunt-200 psig (13.8 bar)
- 7 or 8 Shunt-400 psig (27.6 bar)
- 8 Housing (high pressure 316 stainless stl)
- 0 Shunt-1000 psig (69 bar)
- -23 to 121°C (-10 to 250°F) with buna-n o-ring
- -23 to 204°C (-10 to 400°F) with Viton®, or ethylene propylene or perfluoroelastomer o-ring
ERDCO reserves the right to alter design and/or specifications without notice. Viton® is a registered trademark of E.I. duPont de Nemours and Co.